October 20, 2008

Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday

I got a package in the mail on Friday.

It was a new harness. Mom has bought me this EzyDog harness since I was a puppy. This is my 3rd one. Mom likes it because it doesn't interfere with the big bone in my chest like some harnessess. It comes with a nice chest plate & a seatbelt attachment. It also has reflectors so I can be seen at night.


Here I am sporting my new harness. Mom got brown because she thought it would blend in with my fur & not be so noticeable.

On Saturday, mom & I went to Roseview to visit the residents. I received my name tag.

Here I am sporting my new name tag. Brutus says hello.

We also went to my obedience class. We missed last week because of my injury. We learnt how to go shopping & sit in a cafe in Paris. It was fun. Mom had to fill a shopping bag with stuff from different grocers. At every site I had to either do a sit stay or down stay while mom picked out groceries & paid for them. We also had to down stay while mom had coffee at an outdoor cafe. Mom also learnt some great stretches for dog backs that I should do before I go for a walk or to the dog park.

On Sunday we spent the whole day doing yard work. Mom raked while I played nicely in the back yard. This is all the bags she raked.

Mom still has to rake at least one more time after this tree drops its leaves.

Today marks the 2 week anniversay of my back injury. The vet said I could slowly start getting back to normal if I didn't show any signs of lameness. Mom thinks I'm ok. She let me run a bit in the yard. How great it feels to run again.

I found this stick while running. I had to stop & chew for awhile.

This came for me in the mail today. It says its time for my annual shots. Ouch.


Love Ruby

18 comments:

Raising Addie October 20, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

That is a really neat harness!

You look very professional with your name tag on! I bet those lucky people just love you lots!

We are glad that you back is getting better. That is really neat that you can do stretches to help your back before a walk.

Sorry to hear about the shots though.

Kisses
Addie and Zoe

Lindsay October 20, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

Yay, Ruby! I'm so glad your back is feeling better and you are getting to run in the yard a bit!

That's a fancy harness! You look beWROOtiful in it!

Congrats on being a therapy dog! You have done so well for such a young dog! I think I would like to be a therapy dog someday.

Your obedience class sounds really fun. We never had things like that when I took classes. I'll have to talk to Mary, our trainer, about that. She likes new ideas.

I had to go for shots not very long ago. But I got cheese, so it worked out.

I'm glad you come to my bloggie! I really like yours, too. Thanks for finding me, Ruby!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

Pee Ess The Girl says we should know more when the Roomie gets home tonight.

Andra October 20, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

You look like an executive with your new name badge!

We are glad your back is feeling better!! Pretty soon you will be running everywhere!!

Did you jump in those leaves when your mom raked them??

-Luke and Liesel

Lorenza October 20, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

Hi, Ruby!
I had never seen those harnesses.
I can see you had very busy days.
It makes me so happy to know you feel well now! Take it easy, ok?
Good luck at the vet!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Pei In The Life October 20, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

That's a great badge! It must be nice to be official.
Bolo
http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

Asta October 21, 2008 at 12:16 AM  

Ruby
You must be so pwoud to have that badge..I bet you make a lot of hoomans vewy happy when you visit!
Youw hawness is bootiful, and I'm so happy youw back is on the mend
smoochie kisses
ASTA

The Musketeers October 21, 2008 at 2:22 AM  

Aww , we are proud of you for receiving the badge ! & that harness looks lovely (:

Lots of Loves ,
Three Musketeers

Constança Lucas October 21, 2008 at 7:35 AM  

Hello dear Ruby
I am glad your back is feeling better


My harness is special too
my like orange in me

hugs
Náná

Lois Lane/Laney October 21, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

Cool harness!
Hope you're able to get back to work soon! Sounds like it'd be a lot of fun!

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ October 21, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

Your harness and tag looks great Ruby.

We are glad you are feeling better.

Good luck with your shots jab.

Your pals,
Holly & Zac

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ October 21, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

Oh Ruby,

Your a dachsie like me so you could come to the Halloweiner party. The Mommy said she would love to have a long "ruby cow fix" with you. Maybe someday we can met & the Mommy can get a couple of fixes from you.

Glad your finally able to play a little.

(((huggies)))...Mona

kishiko October 22, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

Hi Ruby!
Your new harness looks great! It suits your hair color. I sometimes go to a cafe and sit there. But I cannot go shopping. Good luck your work! Hugs you!!!
Matilda

Thor and Jack October 22, 2008 at 3:54 PM  

Hi Ruby!
I´m so glad that your back is getting better!
Beautiful harness!

Love and licks
Thor

Mango the Maltese kiddo October 22, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

You're one of the coolest pal, Ruby!
You have cool harness too and cool volunteer work!
My mom said she wanted to clone you, she meant I was useless, hehe!
And you're so clever!
I have to admit I kinda stuck after "dating".
I loved it, darling and delicious, yeah, I want to bite her, Ruby!
Many brains is still better than one, hehe!

Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) October 23, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

Brutis is sporting the same look that my cat brothers and sisters give me!

Glad you're feeling better, Ruby!

Snowy and Crystal October 23, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

we love your harness

and we are proud of you for getting the badge girl ;)

Rambo October 23, 2008 at 5:41 PM  

Ruby,
so you are a therapy dog. Wow, that means you must be a nice dog! And you are so cute, I bet the people you visit just love you.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and yes....we can be friends!
oxox
Rambo

Dino and Family October 23, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

That is a very sweet name tag, perfect for a sweet dog like you, Ruby!
Love, Dino

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

This is who we are!

My photo
Ruby is a female, shaded red, long haired miniature dachshund, born in July of 2007. Penny is a black/tan/silver dappled, smooth coat miniature dachshund, born in August of 2007.

Our Friends

Secretaries of Health & Safety

Mayor of Blogville and our Husband

Healing Pets. Helping People.

The Farley Foundation



Powered By Blogger


Find more dog info here!

Our Blog List





  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP