November 26, 2009

Our Adoption Stories


Ruby's Story

The first day I met my mom I was six weeks old. She came to the breeders to check me out.



The breeder sent mom this picture of me (it was love at first sight, so she tells me), but she wanted to see me in person. The breeder handed me to mom & I was a little scared. I shook all over. Mom put me down on the floor to see how I walked. I pooed to show her I was eating well and had a good digestive system. Mom said she would take me. That’s the day I became Ruby, not Patches anymore. (I had a shaved patch on my butt, to tell me apart from my sister).



Mom took me home when I was 10 weeks old. It was a really rainy cold day, but mom made me feel safe & warm.



Since that day, I have become an adult dog of two years. I’ve learned to hold it until I get outside and sleep all night. Mom and I have taken many obedience classes, so I am now a well-behaved dog (most of the time). I survived a major operation to have my lady bits removed and learned how to speak after eleven months of being mute. Passing the St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog Program test was a major accomplishment and I now visit a local senior’s facility, where I make people smile.



I am a very happy little dog.



Penny's Story


Mom thought that she needed another dachshund to love and that Ruby needed a companion. She had been looking on the internet to find that dachshund.



Mom came across an ad with this picture in January and it was love at first sight. She sent an email to the owner of the ad and started the ball rolling on adopting me.



In early February, Ruby & mom drove all the way to Ironwood, Michigan to get me and bring me home. I first met mom in a parking lot of a restaurant. Mom held me & I gave her a little kiss.



We had a little hiccup (well a big hiccup or burp) when I decided to run away while travelling. Luckily I decided to be found the next day and we drove the rest of the way home.



Since then mom & I have taken many obedience classes and have been taking weekly, private agility lessons since August. We hope to be ready for some trials next summer.



I too, am a very happy little dog.


Thanks for loving us mom!!!


Love Ruby & Penny



Pees - Frankie Furter asked his pals to post their adoption stories for Thanksgiving. In Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving in October. Happy Thanksgiving to those that are celebrating today.

22 comments:

Bruce November 26, 2009 at 7:21 AM  

Happy Thanksgiving Ruby & Penny & thank you for sharing your happy stories with us!
your cat pal,
Bruce:)

Golden Woofs! SUGAR November 26, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

Woof! What a great story. Thanks for sharing. Lots to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Frankie Furter and Ernie November 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Hi Girrrls, I just KNEW that your stories would be wonderful. So full of love and happiness. You have a full rich life.
Penny I am sure that that little run you had just proved to all of you how much you really belonged together. BUTT... let's not do it again, OKAY?? That would really scare us all.
Love you both.

The 'splorin' Wolfies November 26, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

you need to give me a better warning than that if you are going to post such cute pictures. i fell out of my chair.

Raising Addie November 26, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

You both have the best forever homes!

Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie, Lucie and Hailey

chloejessica November 26, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

Love Ruby & Pennys adoption stories!! They are both such great dachshunds! And so cute too! :)

Sam November 26, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

More great dachshund stories. :) How great that you were all brought together!

Don't ever run away from mom again! How scary!

sounds like you all are really enjoying your lives together (obedience and agility is super fun!) and I hope you have a lovely day.

Cole November 26, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Great stories! I already did my Thanksgiving post - but if I don't pass out after eating turkey, I'll try and post about getting Meadow and Beckett.

Please don't run away again! How frightening!

Happy Thanksgiving!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! November 26, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

What great stories!

Tank woo fur sharing them!

We are furry lukhky to have woo as our pals!

Of khourse Penny gets a special OH NO from me! I've skhared my mom like that from time to time!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Brindusa (Brinda Dasha) November 26, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

You are two precious doxies. No wonder why your mom loves you so much. You were very fortunate, too. I wish you a happy life next to your Mom.

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ November 26, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you for sharing your stories. :-)

Holly & Zac

Oskar November 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

What adorable babies. I'm so glad your people found you!

Thor and Jack November 26, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Oh my, what cute babies!
Thanks for sharing your great stories with us. =)
Glad you have a wonderful furever home!
xoxo
Thor

sadermaxx November 26, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Hi Penny and Ruby!

What a great adoption story and what makes even better is that it two stories, like I always say the only thing better than a dachshund is two dachshund.

Lorenza November 26, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

Thanks for sharing your stories Ruby and Penny!
Yes, Penny. that was a big hiccup!
Glad you two came to live with your mom!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

The Sheridan Avenue Boys November 26, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

Ruby and Penny are adorable! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday!

Scout and Freyja November 27, 2009 at 12:22 AM  

Wishing you and yours the most blessed of days as we break bread with friends and family or spend our time as a volunteer with any one of the numerous charities in need of our time and talents.

Peace, plenty, prosperity - my wish for the United States of America.

Mollie Jo and Bobo November 27, 2009 at 1:02 AM  

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for sharing!


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ November 27, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

Hi Ruby and Penny - we loved reading your adoption stories. You were both so adorable as puppies, no wonder you are so gorgeous now. But Penny, that must have been quite the fright you gave your Mom, just think of what might have happened.

We are so glad we met you and we gave thanks yesterday for all our friends.

Woos, the OP Pack

Molly the Airedale November 28, 2009 at 5:55 AM  

What awesome stories!
You girls are the BEST!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

JD and Max November 28, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Hi Ruby and Penny - what wonderful stories, thanks for sharing your wonderful adoption stories. We're not surprised it was love at first sight - we felt the same when we saw these cute, cute piccies. But Penny - woah - talk about giving everyone a scare!! Thank goodness you allowed yourself to be found again, it would have broken our hearts otherwise. Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

Taffy November 28, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

I'm so glad you girls have such a great home. It is fun knowing how you ended up there. You two act like you have been together since the day you were born. It is always love at first sight with a doxie!
Snuggles,
Twix

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

This is who we are!

My photo
Ruby is a female, shaded red, long haired miniature dachshund, born in July of 2007. Penny is a black/tan/silver dappled, smooth coat miniature dachshund, born in August of 2007.

Our Friends

Secretaries of Health & Safety

Mayor of Blogville and our Husband

Healing Pets. Helping People.

The Farley Foundation



Powered By Blogger


Find more dog info here!

Our Blog List





  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP