October 5, 2008

My 1st Gotcha Day

One year ago today my mom brought me home from the breeder.

This picture was taken the day I was born. I had to be nursed by my auntie as my mom had to have an emergency hysterectomy.


This was also taken the day I was born. I have 2 black & tan cousins & my sister is red like me.

This picture was emailed to my mom on September 11, 2007. It was love at 1st site. This is the day I became Ruby the Mini Dachshund, not just one of the litter anymore.
My 1st photo at home. My mom didn't own a digital camera, so this was scanned. You can sort of see my pot belly. My mom later found out that I had worms.

Me today. I could fit on 1 tile before, now I span 2. I weighed 1.5 lbs the day mom brought me home, now I weigh 9 lbs. I also have long hair on my ears & tail.

Look how little my collar was compared to now. That shiny spot is a dime.


I am a very happy, contented dog. Living the good life. I wouldn't change a thing. I feel blessed (so does my mom).



Love Ruby



P.S. Thank you to Lorenza

10 comments:

Raising Addie October 5, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

Happy Gotcha Day Ruby!!

You have grown so much and are a beautiful lady! Your furbaby pictures are just adorable. Thank you soooo very much for posting these pictures!

It's hard to believe that you fit in that tiny little collar!

We are so glad that you have the best home around. You deserve the best, sweetie! We are lucky to have you in our lives!

Kisses
Your BFF Addie & Zoe

P.S. I had no idea that to use the bone zone you had to be invited. Maybe you can hook us up when you get in.

The Musketeers October 5, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

Aw , you look so cute last time , and even cuter now ! hehe . Sure , my human never fail to feed her medicine . haha , thanks a lot pal !
happy Gotcha Day ! :D
hope you have an enjoyable day (:

Lorenza October 5, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

Hi, Ruby!
Happy Gotcha Day!
Thanks for sharing all those puppy pictures!
Glad you found your mom who loves you a lot!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza


PS. Send me an email to lorenzadiario@yahoo.com.mx
I need your address to tell Opy about your registration in the Bone Zone. I hope I can help you.

Thor and Jack October 5, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

Happy Gotcha Day Ruby!

What adorable puppie you were! And you look so cute today! Thanks for sharing your pictures! I loved it!
I hope you have a wonderful day!

Love and licks
Thor

Constança Lucas October 5, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

You are a beautiful she dog.

Bone zone ????? no ideia

Hug and kiss for you
Náná

http://minhanana.blogspot.com/

Andra October 5, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

You are quite the little lady now. Our mom has Liesel's baby tooth in a locket and her baby collar too. It is fun to look back!
-Luke and Liesel

Mini October 5, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

Hi Ruby!

You are so cute!

The Musketeers October 6, 2008 at 6:58 AM  

Thanks a lot ruby ! we will sure keep you guys updated ! Love you !

Charlotte October 6, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

Happy Gotcha Day, Ruby!! You have gone from an adorable puppy to a gorgeous gal!!

Have a pawsitively wienerful day!!!

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ October 7, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

Belated Happy Gotcha Day Ruby.

Awwww you were such a tiny cutie puppy and now you are still a real cutie but a grown up one.

Woofs,
Holly & Zac

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

This is who we are!

My photo
Ruby is a female, shaded red, long haired miniature dachshund, born in July of 2007. Penny is a black/tan/silver dappled, smooth coat miniature dachshund, born in August of 2007.

Our Friends

Secretaries of Health & Safety

Mayor of Blogville and our Husband

Healing Pets. Helping People.

The Farley Foundation



Powered By Blogger


Find more dog info here!

Our Blog List





  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP