September 28, 2008

My Weekend

My weekend started off with a bang (big bangs) you could say. Thunder Bay had one of the worst thunder storms. It lasted for almost 12 hours with lots of light, noise and water. Mom also made me have a bath.
On Saturday morning, mom woke me up early, groomed me, brushed my teeth & gave me a new collar. She took me to this place where there were 8 other doggies & their mommies or daddies. We took a 2 hour test. You are looking at one of the newest members of the St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog Services. The tests were fun. Out of the 8 dogs who tried out, 2 were asked to leave, because of shyness. I am one of the youngest dogs to pass the evaluation test. The new collar is a buckle collar only for when I'm working. There is a seniors facility down the street from us & that is where I will be visiting. I have to do 3 visits with a mentor & 7 other visits to get my certification. Then mom & I get our uniforms. Because I am so little (9 lbs) I am able to be on the bed with a patient or ride with them in thier wheelchairs. The big dogs have to stay on the floor or rest on thier owners legs to reach a patient in bed.
Where's Ruby? Because of the storm, we have millions of leaves scattered in our backyard. Those dried up brown things that stick to my fur are everywhere. See if you can spot me without enlarging the picture. We spent Sunday afternoon trying to clean up some of these leaves.

Now it's time for me & mom to cuddle for a while before bedtime.

Love Ruby

15 comments:

Andra September 28, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

That is neat you get to go visit and help people. You will make them fell safe and comforted. We do not have a program like that in our small town.
-Luke and Liesel

PS-You are almost the same color as those leaves!!

Franny September 28, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

Wow! You're going to be a therapy dog? That's so cool! I can't wait to see a photo of you in your uniform!

I'm glad you are safe from the storm. I hate bad weather...

Hugs,
Franny

Raising Addie September 28, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Congratulations Ruby!!!

Being a Therapy Dog is the COOLEST!! I didn't even realize that you were training for that.

Zoe has told me about her younger sister K-8 (pronounced Kate) that was a therapy dog. She passed this year right after I was born, but from what I know she improved the lives of a lot of people.

We can't wait to hear more about your work as a therapy dog!

Kisses
Addie

P.S. I looked and looked but couldn't find you in the picture. We had to increase the size to find you! You blend in so well. :)

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ September 28, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

Hi Ruby,

It's Mona. I'm so pleased to meet you!! I love making new dachsie friends. We gots something in common--I survived Hurricane Ike and you survived that nasty old storm. It was scary but I had the Mommy so I knew I'd be OK.

Me and the Mommy will be back.

Love...Mona

Lorenza September 28, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

Ruby!!!!!!
I am so proud of you!
You are going to do a pawesome work!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mini September 28, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

I love to cuddle! :O A therapy dog!

Constança Lucas September 29, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Uau very nice this you tell us
help is good
congratulations


Kiss and hug
Náná


http://minhanana.blogspot.com/

Amici September 29, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

That is so great that you volunteer at a nursing center. My human works at a nursing center and she can testify that a good percentage of the elderly folks love the dog days!!

You are extra special cause you can get up close and personal. :)

Thanks for stopping by our blog. You are pretty cute yourself.

Mini September 30, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

I have an award for you waiting at my blog.

Andra September 30, 2008 at 5:05 PM  

We have an award for you too!
-Luke and Liesel

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ September 30, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

Well done Ruby.
You look so pretty in that photo, all those seniors are going to love you. :-)

Woofs,
Holly & Zac

The Musketeers October 1, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Thanks ruby , our human is really worried for her .
we have linked you :D

Charlotte October 1, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Wow, Ruby! You are so smart! Congratulations!

Love from Oskar, Schatzi & Xena

http://luvmydachshunds.blogspot.com

Dino and Family October 1, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

Ruby, congrats on passing the test! You are going to be one fabulous therapy dog! I am glad the storm has passed, must be pretty scary. Take care my friend!
Love, Dino

The Musketeers October 3, 2008 at 5:04 AM  

Thanks Ruby ! Is very sweet of you to be always thinking of Lady :D
OH ! I am gonna ask human to get Zuke's for me sooon !

Loves

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

This is who we are!

My photo
Ruby is a female, shaded red, long haired miniature dachshund, born in July of 2007. Penny is a black/tan/silver dappled, smooth coat miniature dachshund, born in August of 2007.

Our Friends

Secretaries of Health & Safety

Mayor of Blogville and our Husband

Healing Pets. Helping People.

The Farley Foundation



Powered By Blogger


Find more dog info here!

Our Blog List





  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP